Site Reviewers Needed
A site visit to a program undergoing accreditation review is an essential part of the accreditation process. CACUP-ASLP requires a large pool of qualified people from which to recruit site review team members. Each team is comprised of a minimum of one university faculty member and one clinical practitioner. Reviews are conducted in either English or French, depending on the language of the program being reviewed.
We encourage you to apply for this important role if you meet the eligibility requirements described below.
- Member representing academic programs – must be tenured faculty member of a Canadian speech-language pathology or audiology program
- Member representing clinical practitioners – must have an active role in clinical practice and current or previous involvement in the education of audiology or speech-language pathology students as a clinical educator or an instructor
Site Review Team Duties
- Preparation for the site review visit. Each team member becomes familiar with CACUP-ASLP accreditation standards (see CACUP-ASLP Policies and Procedures Manual), the self-study report submitted by the program, and a letter from the Accreditation Board outlining questions they have about the program’s self-study report.
- Site review visit. The team conducts interviews with faculty, staff, students, clinical educators, and alumni of the program and evaluates the program’s compliance with accreditation standards.
- Following the site review visit. The team prepares a report using the CACUP-ASLP report template and writes a letter to the Board with their recommendation regarding the accreditation status of the program.
Benefits of Serving as a Site Reviewer
By serving on a site review team, individuals contribute to the development of Canadian academic programs of speech-language pathology and audiology. They may also receive useful personal and professional benefits by learning about approaches to student education that differ from those with which they are already familiar. All travel expenses of site review team members are covered. Team members receive an honorarium for their participation.
How to Apply
Individuals who meet eligibility requirements should complete the form Information Profile for Site-Reviewer Candidates and submit to paola [at] megram.com.
If the applicant meets eligibility requirements, additional information will be sought. Reviewers must be approved by the CACUP-ASLP Secretariat. Upon approval, candidate names will be added to the site reviewer list and candidates may be contacted by the CACUP-ASLP Board to serve on a site review team for a specific program.